Hong Kong Baby!
AIESEC people!!
I am living in the MC flat in the Causeway Bay district, which is great because I am surrounded by very dedicated AIESECers! Everyone is really enthusiastic and adaptable and has lots of international experience. The members of AIESEC – Lingnan are fantastic as well, they met me at the airport, even though my flight was very late, and they have spent two evenings showing me all the sights of Hong Kong. Also, there are TONS of interns in Hong Kong, last night I met about nine of them, so nine down, about 40 more to go! Everyone seems very fun and friendly, as all AIESECers do.
The MC and Me (well some of the MC : P) : Mindy, Me, Martha, Kalvin, Jaqualine and Nadia
AIESEC interns at Victoria Harbour
Some AIESEC Lingnan members: Sharon, Karine, Marie (France), Helen, Me, Darwin, and Kelvin
The Flat
I live in the Causeway Bay district, which is great because it is one of the main shopping destinations in Hong Kong so everything I could ever imagine is VERY close to my apartment (including IKEA where I have spent a great deal of time these past two days). I share a flat with 5 other people, and we are all from different countries so it is great! There is Martha (Colombia), Nadia (Ukraine), Rusty (USA), Hinton (Brazil), Jasmine (my roommate, from China) and Me. We are very lucky because the flat is very large, with three bedrooms, two bathrooms and a kitchen. The apartment is brand new, which is great cuz it is really clean, but bad because we have no furnishings, the kitchen does not work yet and everybody just moved in so there are no dishes or storage places or anything. I think it might be a little while until this starts to feel like home. Here are some pics:
The Furniture we have
My Space :)
The Prices
Everything here is VERY inexpensive (except rent)! For example, my cell phone will cost $12 Canadian dollars a month for all the frills and whistles and a free phone (email me if you would like the number)! IKEA is even cheaper than back home, who would have thought it was possible?! but it is true, a duvet cover and pillow cases go for $18 Canadian here, and you can get a hot dog and ice cream for $1!! See mom I will not starve : P
The Food
The food here is SOOOO good and sooo inexpensive as well, I do not see myself cooking very much. Actually, I do not think that many people cook here, I think a lot of people do not even have kitchens, it is cheaper to eat out really then to cook. I do think I have eaten any crazy things that you can’t have in Calgary, but I will keep you posted in that department. The people from AIESEC Lingnan were very surprised that I knew how to use chopsticks, and even more surprised when I told them I learned in school :)
I have some more pics of stuff aroung Hong Kong, but I am going to post them in a new post, this one is getting too hard to work with. I start work on Monday, so I better go brush up on my songs : P I will let you know how things go!



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home