Friday, July 14, 2006

Overcoming my fear of escalators

I must confess, as anyone who knows me really well knows I have a totally irrational, unfounded fear of escalators! I particularly dislike going down escalators. In any case, Hong Kong is a very difficult places to travel around for someone who has this fear. Every subway station requires the use of about 4, very fast paced, escalators, to get to the appropriate train. This would be fine if I had a moment to collect myself, and pause, with my foot hoovering over the track until I found the correct moment to place it squarely on the step. Unfortunately this luxary does not exist in Hong Kong, there are too many people who are going very fast, and who get very irritated if you slow them down in any way. I guess this is the chance for me to face my fears...wish me luck

Tony and I at the World's Longest Escalator (I think)

2 Comments:

Blogger Les Yeux Caches said...

GOOD LUCK!!!!
p.s. who would haveknown you had this fear??

12:42 AM  
Blogger ~diana~ said...

and you thought you could just walk everywhere!

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home