Visa concerns and overall anxiety
I am still here, waiting for my visa, not working, and it is driving me crazy! I feel bad for the company that is waiting for me, I feel frustrated about waiting for something that I have no control over when it is coming. Worst of all I am starting to question my purpose for coming here, probably as a result of all the free time I have to sit and think about these sorts of things.
I am beginning to really worry that I took the wrong internship. I think this job will be very comfortable, my co-workers and bosses seem fantastic, I have a lot of experience in the field of work so I am not worries about my ability to do the job, but I am really concerned that it does not align with my life goals.
My goal for this year is really to create a positive impact on this world by using all the skills and opportunities I have been given. At the moment I really do not feel like I am acting in line with this goal, and I am not sure how to get back on track. I really want to be doing more work for AIESEC, which is an organization that I believe really does have the ability to create positive change, but I have not got myself integrated with the local just yet, I guess that is my first step...
In the word of Andrew... that's it - rant's over
I am beginning to really worry that I took the wrong internship. I think this job will be very comfortable, my co-workers and bosses seem fantastic, I have a lot of experience in the field of work so I am not worries about my ability to do the job, but I am really concerned that it does not align with my life goals.
My goal for this year is really to create a positive impact on this world by using all the skills and opportunities I have been given. At the moment I really do not feel like I am acting in line with this goal, and I am not sure how to get back on track. I really want to be doing more work for AIESEC, which is an organization that I believe really does have the ability to create positive change, but I have not got myself integrated with the local just yet, I guess that is my first step...
In the word of Andrew... that's it - rant's over

2 Comments:
Give yourself some time, Liz...you've barely even arrived.
And remember, making a positive impact on one person's life can be just as rewarding as trying to change the world.
liz. remember what we talked about in the prep session. you are just over thinking about the current situation you are in. if you looked at yourself a month ago, you were excited about your job and ready to go abroad. enjoy the time you have off now and just go with the flow right now. you can't control when you will get your visa. don't get mad at things you don't have control over.
Post a Comment
<< Home