Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Celebrating Creativity

I realized after my last post that it is really strange that two girls I met in Hong Kong are the ones who inspired me to want to be more creative, especially since some of the most important people in my life are so incredibly talented and are persuing careers using their creativity.

My great friend Amber, best friend since grade 4, a painter, sculpture and artist extrodinaire, has recently been interviewed for a magazine called Art Scene in Calgary. You can check out her website at http://murray.digital-arts.ca/index.html. She also currently has work featured in a gallery in Cochrane.

My lifelong friend, and fellow dance mate, Brettainy Lypka, has recently landed a position in a professional dance company called Three Left Feet, and she will be touring aroung Alberta doing performances in traditional West African dance. She is just one of the many people I admire who are making their careers in dance.

And my good friend Sean Clarke just returned to Calgary after finishing his Masters in Music Performance at the Royal Northern Conservatory of Music (or something like that), he has a website, but I am not sure of the address.

I also love all my friends and family who bring creative elements into their everyday lives, even if it is not as their careers, like Erwin practising his guiter whenever he has a spare moment, or grandpa working in his workwith his wood, like Alicja and Agi each making their own artwork (in mulitiple mediums) and SOOO many more people ...

Thank you guys for bringing creativity into our lives, I want you to know that you have always inspired me, and I am sorry that it took an outside influence to realize how special your work is.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

Awww, thanks, Liz. I'll send you a copy come October!

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home