Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Friday

On Friday I spent a large chuck of the day bonding with my boss, Symone, while we waited endlessly in the Immigration Department for our HK residence cards (she was renewing hers, I was getting mine). It was really great to have a chance to get to know Symone. I think she has a very distinctive view of Hong Kong because she was born and raised here but her parents are British (kind of), so she is REALLY familiar with the city, it is 100% her home, but she can also see things from an Anglo-Saxon perspective. She is just learning Cantonese now, so she offered to give me a 10 minute lesson each day at work (we have now had two sessions) so I think this will be really great! At night Martha, Nadya and I decided to go salsa dancing, so we went to where we thought the place was, got lost for about 45mins until we found out where it actually was, only to see it close for the night. We ended up in a café near our place playing Jenga until about 2:00am, which was fun too : )

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

good luck with the whole language thing, especially chinesse. you need to learn a different alphabet too. holy cow!

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home