Hong Kong the marketing machine
One thing I never realized about living in a large city with a lot of people is how fierce the competition between companies is. There are an extraordinary number of businesses here all tirelessly competing for the attention of customers. As a result the marketing industry is absolutely unbelievable in Hong Kong. You see everything, from 4-storey tall advertisements, to Hong Kong celebrity endorsements of products (which are EVERYWHERE), to company performances in malls, to 40 minute long sales pitches to join a gym, to streets FILLED with people passing out flyers and pouncing on people with sales pitches… EVERYWHERE you look around the city you see companies trying to grab customers’ attention.
At first this environment made me feel very anxious, and not very happy. But now I realize I have finally found a skill set that I can really have the opportunity to develop while I am here… other than my singing of course. The marketing industry is very well developed here, and I think, particularly in my job, I can learn a lot about effective marketing, how to run successful marketing events and many other skills in this area. I think this is really good because effective marketing is important to every type of organization in the world, and if I can learn these skills it will be helpful no matter where I end up.
At first this environment made me feel very anxious, and not very happy. But now I realize I have finally found a skill set that I can really have the opportunity to develop while I am here… other than my singing of course. The marketing industry is very well developed here, and I think, particularly in my job, I can learn a lot about effective marketing, how to run successful marketing events and many other skills in this area. I think this is really good because effective marketing is important to every type of organization in the world, and if I can learn these skills it will be helpful no matter where I end up.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home