Kay, Karen and Michelle
I was reminded this week that anyone can be an artist if they want to be, you do not need much, just an idea, a plan for how to bring your idea to life and the materials to make your creations. I was very lucky to meet three people this week who reminded me of this, they were Michelle (from AIESEC-HKU), Kay (fashion designer) and Karen (photographer).
Somehow, I am still not quite sure how, I was lucky enough to spend two mornings with these three girls posing as posing as a model for Kay’s new fashion designs. This season she and Karen focused on a theme of “Spilling”, so we took lots of pictures of spilling things, like buttons, cherrios, ice cream and water.
I thought it was really interesting to spend two entire mornings really looking at the environment around us, Kay and Karen especially, trying to find the right backgrounds, lighting, angles, accessories… It seemed like they thought out every detail, and it definitely made me take notice of my surroundings much more then I normally do.
I think it is really amazing that these two girls have found a medium in their lives to express themselves, and they actually do it, from start to finish they have the ideas and the follow through and create something out of it, even if it is just on their spare time, and you can tell it means a lot to them… it really inspired me to want to do the same… it may sound ridiculous, but I was trying to keep this lesson in mind in every area of life during the past few days, even when choreographing stage show for the 5 year olds at World Family… hopefully something of myself will pass through the extravagant costumes, and atmosphere and to them …
Here are some links to some unofficial photos taken ny Michelle (the catalyst for this whole experience):
http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2103292397
AND
http://community.webshots.com/user/rochelle_micha91
Here is the link to Kay’s website: www.kaysroom.com
Somehow, I am still not quite sure how, I was lucky enough to spend two mornings with these three girls posing as posing as a model for Kay’s new fashion designs. This season she and Karen focused on a theme of “Spilling”, so we took lots of pictures of spilling things, like buttons, cherrios, ice cream and water.
I thought it was really interesting to spend two entire mornings really looking at the environment around us, Kay and Karen especially, trying to find the right backgrounds, lighting, angles, accessories… It seemed like they thought out every detail, and it definitely made me take notice of my surroundings much more then I normally do.
I think it is really amazing that these two girls have found a medium in their lives to express themselves, and they actually do it, from start to finish they have the ideas and the follow through and create something out of it, even if it is just on their spare time, and you can tell it means a lot to them… it really inspired me to want to do the same… it may sound ridiculous, but I was trying to keep this lesson in mind in every area of life during the past few days, even when choreographing stage show for the 5 year olds at World Family… hopefully something of myself will pass through the extravagant costumes, and atmosphere and to them …
Here are some links to some unofficial photos taken ny Michelle (the catalyst for this whole experience):
http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2103292397
AND
http://community.webshots.com/user/rochelle_micha91
Here is the link to Kay’s website: www.kaysroom.com

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home