Macau
I went to a different world yesterday… I cannot believe I was still in China (well an SAR)… Macau is a fantastically incredible place that I cannot put into words, or even pictures. The architecture, the food, the history, the antique shops, everyone should see for themselves.
I spent most of my day in the old city checking out many Portuguese style buildings, churches, and desserts. At night I really wanted to see the strip of casinos (which looks SOO cool from far) but an incoming typhoon forced me back onto the boat to HK. I guess I will just have to go back again : ) Next time with friends! I love the freedom of traveling by myself (to safe places of course), but some times it is nice when someone else is there to share your experiences.
To top off a really great day, on the ferry ride home the guy in the seat next to me was also from Calgary. He was born in Hong Kong but his family moved there when he was very young. He is the first fellow Calgarian I have met on my trip, and it was really great J
Please check out the pics at: http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2103460103
I spent most of my day in the old city checking out many Portuguese style buildings, churches, and desserts. At night I really wanted to see the strip of casinos (which looks SOO cool from far) but an incoming typhoon forced me back onto the boat to HK. I guess I will just have to go back again : ) Next time with friends! I love the freedom of traveling by myself (to safe places of course), but some times it is nice when someone else is there to share your experiences.
To top off a really great day, on the ferry ride home the guy in the seat next to me was also from Calgary. He was born in Hong Kong but his family moved there when he was very young. He is the first fellow Calgarian I have met on my trip, and it was really great J
Please check out the pics at: http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2103460103

1 Comments:
I just read that Macau is about to overtake Las Vegas as the Gambling Mecca of the world.
Put 20 HK$ on black for me if you're there...thanks.
Post a Comment
<< Home