Miss Hong Kong
On Saturday night I got to go to the Miss Hong Kong pageant! Symone and I got free tickets from the head of the marketing department, which was really lucky because this is a VERY popular event in Hong Kong.
The show was well done, it was fun to see the dances and the prop changes and the transitions that you do not see in the televised version. However, the funniest part was when the contestants were asked different questions. The questions were totally weird like “What does the number 128 mean to you?”, and “What does the letter Q mean to you?”… I felt bad for the girls, I mean how do you answer something like that?!
Anyways, after that they asked each girl either her favourite movie or her favourite book and their answers were TOTALLY different than anything you would hear in Miss America or something. In other pageants I think contestants try to appear very smart and deep thinking… in Miss Hong Kong this is definitely not a priority… favourite movies included: The Princess Diaries, Beauty and the Beast and Pocahontas, and favourite books were Harry Potter and for multiple girls the Joy Luck Club.
I took some pics (http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2103033131 ) but they are really far away… for official photos go to http://tvcity.tvb.com/special/misshk2006/index.html
The show was well done, it was fun to see the dances and the prop changes and the transitions that you do not see in the televised version. However, the funniest part was when the contestants were asked different questions. The questions were totally weird like “What does the number 128 mean to you?”, and “What does the letter Q mean to you?”… I felt bad for the girls, I mean how do you answer something like that?!
Anyways, after that they asked each girl either her favourite movie or her favourite book and their answers were TOTALLY different than anything you would hear in Miss America or something. In other pageants I think contestants try to appear very smart and deep thinking… in Miss Hong Kong this is definitely not a priority… favourite movies included: The Princess Diaries, Beauty and the Beast and Pocahontas, and favourite books were Harry Potter and for multiple girls the Joy Luck Club.
I took some pics (http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2103033131 ) but they are really far away… for official photos go to http://tvcity.tvb.com/special/misshk2006/index.html

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home