Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Am I too manly?

My new roommate Lumi sent me a REALLY great personality test the other day, which maps out your “Personal DNA”. The questions were quite interesting, and I think the end result was quite an accurate reflection of my personality, strengths and weaknesses.

There was one part that the test measures which I felt quite funny about and that was “Masculinity” versus “Feminity”; I guess like other personality tests some traits are associated more with men and other more with women. Anyways, I scored “Very High Masculinity” and “Slightly low Feminity”, which led me to wonder… am I too manly? This is also a touchy issue with me lately, because I already feel quite large, I am bigger than a lot of men here, and I definitely do not feel like the soft and delicate, ultra-girly girl that it seems many girls here aspire to be. As most of my friends know, I like to take charge, and be an active part of decision-making processes, and I tend to focus more on function than form… but why are these traits associate with manliness?

Anyways, other than this aspect, the test was very well done. I was put in the category of “Animated Leader”.

Some of the positive aspects of this personality category are:
· Because of your eagerness to pursue new experiences, you've learned a lot; your attention to detail means that you gain a great deal from your adventures.
· Your independent streak allows you to make decisions efficiently and to trust your instincts
· You tend to find beauty in form and efficiency, as opposed to finding it in broad-based, abstract concepts.
· Although you have a keen understanding of different people's life circumstances, you occasionally have trouble seeing why people get so upset and emotional about things—they should just lighten up and have fun!

Some truthful observations are:
· You prefer to have time to plan for things, feeling better with a schedule than with keeping plans up in the air until the last minute.
· You would rather experience the world than sit back and observe it—you are not one to sit on the sidelines.

Some things I need to work on are:
· There's more to life than the practical - take some time to daydream and explore the aesthetic sides of things.
· Your open-mindedness about the ways of world gives you an understanding of people's differences, but that knowledge doesn't always translate into sympathy. Don't be afraid to let your trust and understanding influence your feelings.

Here is the link to my Personal DNA map: http://www.personaldna.com/report.php?k=evrBtFqREgOlMhL-OK-DACAA-2ddd&u=ff4016211e24

If you would like to take the test it is from this website: http://www.personaldna.com/

1 Comments:

Blogger ~diana~ said...

not that this wasn't obvious before, but now we all know who wears the pants in the relationship!

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home