Monday, September 25, 2006

I want to do it all
I end up doing none
I feel overwhelmed
And yet not challenged enough

I want to interact
And create in a focused way
I want to learn and grow
And change

Instead I am becoming unhealthy
The air, the food, the environment
I feel disconnected, unproductive
Lonely and stinted

And yet I feel surrounded
New friends coming closer
New environments to explore
I want to get closer, but it still feels so far.

This is an environment where everything is possible
But still it feels that nothing is achieved
I know change cannot come from outside
It must come from within

Where does the inspiration come from?
How can I find it and soon?
So busy so busy, and yet doing what?
I just don’t know.

I am tired of absorbing, I want to contribute
Time seems short, and too long
I want to be intertwined interconnected,
But in a way that I can still leave, and go home

Is it all possible in Hong Kong?
Right now I am not so sure.
It still does not feel like the right place, the right time
But all the elements are there

Maybe it is just me.

1 Comments:

Blogger ~diana~ said...

How poetic. Ah Liz, you are young, don't go chasing too many dreams at once or you might trip and fall or get pulled in different directions at once. You'll get your chance at doing something meaningful, just enjoy your year and take advantage of the time and experience that you have now.

Also, in your free time you can do some research and just help create awareness about issues. It's not as hands on but it's a start. Maybe you'll find exactly what you want to do in the future and by then you can just run with it...

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home