Best Grandparents in the world!!!
I know everyone probably thinks they have the best grandparents in the world; well I am no exception, for me my grandparents are four of the greatest people in the world!! I finally took the time to call both Nan & Grandad and Grandma & Grandpa this morning, and it was the best thing I did all weekend! I need to phone you guys more often!
Nan told me the best story that I want to share with as many people as I can. She told me about where she learned how to take responsibility while she was working as a nurse. Once a week, all the nurses had to work in the "Supplies Sterialization Room", which was basically where all the hospital instruments were hand cleaned. The room manager, my great-Aunt Margaret, made sure that all the nurses knew that if they did not clean each and every utensil properly it could create a really big problem for a real, living, patient. The moral of the story is you can give things all sort of fancy acronyms like "CSR" etc... but it all basically boils down to the same thing: You need to take responsibility for doing your job the right way, and take into consideration the effects your work will have on others, otherwise someone can really get hurt. Thank you Nan! I really love how you are able to make things so easy to relate to!
I also had a great conversation with my Grandma! She told me about her and my Grandpa running all over Southern Europe on their most recent tour. I guess it was really a whirlwind trip, with stops in Rome, Greece, Turkey... and many other places. This is just their most recent trip in a series of MANY explorations, so many that I cannot even keep track of them all. I really love the way you two take the time to explore the world, and I am so happy to share your passion for discovering new cultures. Grandpa is now at home sorting out all the pictures, which knowing him I am sure there thousands! I can't wait to see them.
I know I am one of the luckiest girls in the world to come from such a great family and I am sorry that I don't take the time to say that often enough!!! Grandma, Grandpa, Nan and Grandad you guys really are the best!
Nan told me the best story that I want to share with as many people as I can. She told me about where she learned how to take responsibility while she was working as a nurse. Once a week, all the nurses had to work in the "Supplies Sterialization Room", which was basically where all the hospital instruments were hand cleaned. The room manager, my great-Aunt Margaret, made sure that all the nurses knew that if they did not clean each and every utensil properly it could create a really big problem for a real, living, patient. The moral of the story is you can give things all sort of fancy acronyms like "CSR" etc... but it all basically boils down to the same thing: You need to take responsibility for doing your job the right way, and take into consideration the effects your work will have on others, otherwise someone can really get hurt. Thank you Nan! I really love how you are able to make things so easy to relate to!
I also had a great conversation with my Grandma! She told me about her and my Grandpa running all over Southern Europe on their most recent tour. I guess it was really a whirlwind trip, with stops in Rome, Greece, Turkey... and many other places. This is just their most recent trip in a series of MANY explorations, so many that I cannot even keep track of them all. I really love the way you two take the time to explore the world, and I am so happy to share your passion for discovering new cultures. Grandpa is now at home sorting out all the pictures, which knowing him I am sure there thousands! I can't wait to see them.
I know I am one of the luckiest girls in the world to come from such a great family and I am sorry that I don't take the time to say that often enough!!! Grandma, Grandpa, Nan and Grandad you guys really are the best!

1 Comments:
Awww Liz! That's sooo sweet. I wish I can be so lucky as to find someone to go travelling with for the rest of my life. But anyways, hurray to grandparents!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home