Movie Nights
Things at the flat are changing.
The flat is becoming home, we are all moving in, and cooking and turning off the computers and talking and opening up and it is FANTASTIC!
At the same time it is scary for many reasons; first, because when you feel closer to a new place somehow it make home seem farther away (even though I don’t think that is true).
Second, things are about to change again very soon, Martha is leaving to go back to Colombia next week, and we are going to miss her SOOOOOOOOO much. I know it is not good-bye because I have told her many times I am going to visit and she is coming to visit (no choice), but things are going to change forever around the flat. I respect her SOOO much for all the things she has already done in life and all she wishes to accomplish, and I have loved having her to-the-point, problem solving personality around the house!! She is DEFINITELY one of my closest friends in Hong Kong and I am will be so sad when she leaves : ( But she is going on to bigger and better things and to be LCP of her home local so I wish her all the luck in the world!!!
Also, Martha is not the only one leaving, Lumi will be leaving on December 2, and Hilton plans to move out as soon as he can find a place as well : ( I cannot even imagine what it is going to be like to say good-bye to them too! So sad!
On the other hand, I am so happy that Nadya and I will still be there! We are getting to be good friends now and I really appreciate and respect her and all the work she does! I am SO happy we have more time together. It is so great living with people because even if you are all busy you naturally get to know each other and, hopefully, become great friends. We have been so lucky with the group that has been in the apartment so far that we all respect each other and get along well. It is going to be very scary to be just the two of us and looking for new roommates.
This week we have been making the most of our time by watching movies together at night, the kind that make you think, and talking about them. So far we have watched Fight Club and Everything is Illuminated. Fight Club I had heard about so I was expecting it to be great, and it lived up to its reputation. I have to watch it again (probably four more times) so that I get all the meanings, but that is later. Everything is Illuminated is one that I had never heard of but Nadya’s brother recommended. It was GREAT!! It was so fun to watch it sitting next to Nadya because it is the story of a guy who goes from America back to Ukraine to find out his grandfather’s life story. The landscape and everything was beautiful and the characters are SOOOOOO funny, that you are either laughing or crying the whole movie. I highly recommend, and if possible, watch while sitting next to a Ukrainian friend J Anyways, we should have started this “Movie Club” early; I hope we can keep it going, even as people change.
The flat is becoming home, we are all moving in, and cooking and turning off the computers and talking and opening up and it is FANTASTIC!
At the same time it is scary for many reasons; first, because when you feel closer to a new place somehow it make home seem farther away (even though I don’t think that is true).
Second, things are about to change again very soon, Martha is leaving to go back to Colombia next week, and we are going to miss her SOOOOOOOOO much. I know it is not good-bye because I have told her many times I am going to visit and she is coming to visit (no choice), but things are going to change forever around the flat. I respect her SOOO much for all the things she has already done in life and all she wishes to accomplish, and I have loved having her to-the-point, problem solving personality around the house!! She is DEFINITELY one of my closest friends in Hong Kong and I am will be so sad when she leaves : ( But she is going on to bigger and better things and to be LCP of her home local so I wish her all the luck in the world!!!
Also, Martha is not the only one leaving, Lumi will be leaving on December 2, and Hilton plans to move out as soon as he can find a place as well : ( I cannot even imagine what it is going to be like to say good-bye to them too! So sad!
On the other hand, I am so happy that Nadya and I will still be there! We are getting to be good friends now and I really appreciate and respect her and all the work she does! I am SO happy we have more time together. It is so great living with people because even if you are all busy you naturally get to know each other and, hopefully, become great friends. We have been so lucky with the group that has been in the apartment so far that we all respect each other and get along well. It is going to be very scary to be just the two of us and looking for new roommates.
This week we have been making the most of our time by watching movies together at night, the kind that make you think, and talking about them. So far we have watched Fight Club and Everything is Illuminated. Fight Club I had heard about so I was expecting it to be great, and it lived up to its reputation. I have to watch it again (probably four more times) so that I get all the meanings, but that is later. Everything is Illuminated is one that I had never heard of but Nadya’s brother recommended. It was GREAT!! It was so fun to watch it sitting next to Nadya because it is the story of a guy who goes from America back to Ukraine to find out his grandfather’s life story. The landscape and everything was beautiful and the characters are SOOOOOO funny, that you are either laughing or crying the whole movie. I highly recommend, and if possible, watch while sitting next to a Ukrainian friend J Anyways, we should have started this “Movie Club” early; I hope we can keep it going, even as people change.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home