Man On San


Last Sunday I was FINALLY able to get out hiking again! I was joined by Egle, the greatest Lithuanian intern around, Tomas, a Dutch guy, and Jean-Philippe an exchange student and AIESEC newy at Lingnan University.
We met in Sai Kung in the afternoon. The hike started off rocky because we could not find the trail, which has happened on every hike I have gone on so far in Hong Kong, and could say something about my navigation skills. Anyways, being the adventurous group that we are we found a very random blue string winding through a VERY tropic (and dense) forest, and we decided it looked like as good of thing as any to follow to the top of the mountain! Well, about an hour and a half later, we were covered in burrs, had red ants crawling all over us, our hands were cut, and we had climbed some pretty serious boulders. However we made it to the top of the hill, and had a lot of fun doing it!
Highlights:
- The view from the top of the boulders!!!
- Coming out of the 1.5 meter tall brush only to be greeted by families and about 20 HK girl scouts saying "Hello, Bye- Bye" --> this was the point when I realized we took the right trail up the hill.
- Jean-Phillippe's bravery and persistance in going forwarded, ensuring safety and a clear path for the rest of us.
- Great conversations with Egle and Tomas along the way
- The very beautiful, very steep, Mount Man On San
- Sliding down the hill on my behind, because I am such a chicken
- Lively dinner conversation
- Nice hot shower at the end of the day --> however the cuts on my hands made it hard to wash my hair

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home