A Place for Us

Last weekend Egle (Lithuanian intern) and I went to see a FANTASTIC tap dance performance. When I first bought tickets to the show I was a little sceptical becuase I figured it would be an exhibition of tap tickets, which is interesting of you know tap, but not very meaningful in the long run.
Anyways, I was SOOOO wrong! In fact this is one of the best shows I have seen in Hong Kong. Despite the extremely high caliber of performances here, this is the first one I have seen that has been created by local Hong Kongers, and brings attention to very relevant and often ignored issues in this society! It was an 11 out of 10... I have goosebumps just thinking about it, and no words to describe. If this tap ensemble ever has another show you, me, everyone that can HAS to go see it!
I was actually supposed to go see tow dance performances last weekend, but, unfortunately we spent too much time talking at dinner, and we missed the show on Friday night. All was well though, because Egle, Sefan, Jean-Philippe and I ended up sitting in a observation tower over looking the Central district in Central Park. We were alone there, except for a couple that made-out the entire time we were there. We sat talking and eating brownies for about two hours. The best part of the night was when Sefan wanted to hear the Lithuanian national anthem, which kicked off all of us sharing our anthems.
Another great weekend : )

1 Comments:
you must make sure there is a performance in hong kong when i come visit! they sound so cool! i know the ones in japan will be neat too, once i find someone to take me...
Post a Comment
<< Home