Friday, December 08, 2006

Sphere of influence

Yesterday I had two little surprises that I never expected in a million years that were SO nice.

The first little surprise requires some history. A couple of days ago, while I was researching for the CSR business plan, I came across a very touching movie version of the “If the World was 100 people” that you can watch here:

I did not originally post my find on this on this webpage, instead I put it on the AIESEC Calgary one.

Then, yesterday morning I began looking at group webpages on the internet and I came across the one for AIESEC Victoria. On there was a very nice note from a girl who had watched the video from the AIESEC Calgary site, and she was posting it now to encourage others to do the same.

Who would’ve guessed?!

Second, when I opened my email yesterday I found a VERY nice message from another intern in Hong Kong, named Tina. I have to admit that I have only met Tina on a few occasions, and not kept up the friendship very well at all. Luckily for me, she has been checking in with this blog, and had some very encouraging words, that are really appreciated.

So, long story short, I guess you never really know who or how your, very small, actions can mean something to someone else, and it is really nice to be reminded sometimes that we do not live in a vacuum.

So thank you Tina, and girl from Victoria who I have never met, you, and many, many others have influenced me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home